The Red Paddle Co 12'6 Explorer with super thick 150mm dropstitch material! One of the most stable inflatable SUP boards ever produced, the Red Paddle 12'6 Explorer will take you places; it's an amazing destination paddle board, designed to be paddled by those who want to know what is around the next bend in the river. Engineered to take abuse, the Explorer will survive many miles of exploration, even in the blazing sun or icy waters.
While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Paddle's 16-22 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with confidence. The material thickness has been increased from 100mm to a whopping 150mm thickness - perfect for non-surfing shapes. The increased thickness is super-buoyant and 50% stiffer than a 100mm board at the same pressure, meaning a rider can obtain greater stiffness at lower pressure without affecting the ride and performance - or stiffer performance at higher pressure. At 370 liters, the Explorer 12'6 board has enough volume to carry a lot of equipment - or multiple paddlers.
The Explorer utilizes a low-profile, US box fin system supplied with a fin for all-around paddling - for 2017, the fin box has been improved and now fits 90% of US fins. Also new is the FCS Connect Tool-less System for fast setup and removal with no tools or bolt necessary. The new fins have a specially-designed, wear-resistant barrel with a corrosion-resistant titanium pin mechanism incorporated into the base. An integrated nose runner fin increases tracking and straight line performance in side winds, while two rear fin runners prevent “tail drift” when the board is loaded with gear.
Multiple cargo tie-down sections allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail. Each cargo attachment has been exactly positioned to distribute the weight of both rider and gear without effecting the trim of the board. This gives a superior ride and performance while allowing for a large quantity of gear to be carried. The Explorer 12'6 is an amazing platform for fishing, with loads of space on the deck to stash the catch of the day.
All Red Paddle Co models are now constructed using Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion technology. This innovative new process involves fusing a second layer of polymer to the drop-stitch material in the raw material stage. The end result is a higher-quality, high-pressure material utilizing less glue; this reduces the weight of each board up to 20% while increasing the tension and making the boards slightly more rigid. For 2017, the material has again been improved, making the injected, reinforced second layer thicker with increased bond strength.
New integrated threads on the nose allow the attachment of optional RAM mounts, allowing the paddler to add numerous accessories such as camera attachments, GPS, phone and fishing rod holders.
The Red Paddle Co experience is not just the board! New for 2017, both Titan pump and roller backpack have been upgraded. The new Titan pump has been redesigned internally to improve pump performance and efficiency, while the front-loading, wheeled carrybag/backpack now sports a new foil liner to protect the board against extreme heat. The Red Paddle 12'6 Explorer is so portable, there is no need to leave cars at each end of your trip - just jump on the train, bus or taxi to get home. The carry bag with rollers is great for racing through airports, but is so comfortable you could even walk home.
A great paddle board for exploring, adventure, discovery.
- Double rear fin runners for straighter paddling.
- Removable US-box fin system with all-around fin included
- PVC board material with high-grade, double-thread internal drop stitching
- Double layer construction featuring a "board within a board". This adds massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and durability.
- Side rails with four layers of taping - maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many ISUPs!
- Special "air block" membrane eliminates air leakage
- New super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad.
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Thicker 150mm material (50% stiffer)
- Central and side carry handles, more comfortable than before.
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling.
- Front and rear cargo attachments for carrying gear.
- Central logo stiffening strip.
- Front loading backpack, comfortable to carry.
- Board size printed on hull for easy identification.
- Built using Red Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads.
- Includes Red Paddle Titan hand pump.